Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, spinach au gratin. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Spinach Au Gratin is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Spinach Au Gratin is something that I have loved my entire life.
Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saute pan over medium heat. The perfect comfort food, this French spinach au gratin recipe is a creamy and delicious side dish for any table. Au gratin of any description is considered classic French cooking. A gratin is a baked dish but what makes it distinctive is a light covering of cheese and or breadcrumbs.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook spinach au gratin using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Spinach Au Gratin:
- Get 1 Tbs. olive oil
- Take 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- Make ready 2 Tbs. All-purpose flour
- Prepare 2 packages (10 oz.) frozen spinach
- Prepare 3/4 Tsp. salt
- Make ready 1/2 Tsp. black pepper
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp. dried thyme
- Make ready 1 garlic clove, minced
- Take 3/4 cup whole milk
- Take 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Get 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese (grated) - divided
- Prepare 3/4 cup Havarti cheese (grated) - divided
- Take 4 Tbs. unsalted butter (melted)
- Get 1 Tsp. dried nutmeg
- Make ready 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
Spinach Gratin is the ultimate cheesy side dish, with Gruyere cheese, Parmesan, onions, nutmeg and cream with a crispy top and melty filling. If you enjoyed my recipe for Ultimate Spinach Artichoke Dip but want something a bit more savory and substantial to serve up at a holiday meal, you should try Spinach Gratin. Out of all my Side Dish Recipes, this is the king of rich, creamy, casserole. Spinach Gratin is rich, creamy, and cheesy and this recipe rivals any steakhouse!.
Steps to make Spinach Au Gratin:
- Cook spinach according to package directions. Allow this to cool and then drain and squeeze out all liquid.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F and butter a gratin baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat olive oil and sauté the onion for 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the flour and continue sautéing while mixing for 30 seconds.
- Add the cooked spinach, salt, pepper, dried thyme, and garlic to the pan and stir until the ingredients are combined.
- Stir in the milk, heavy cream, and half the Parmesan and Havarti cheese into the spinach mixture. Add nutmeg, mix lightly, and heat through to evaporate liquid. Pour out pan ingredients into the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, stir together melted butter, bread crumbs, and remaining cheese. Mix well. Spoon the mixture evenly over the gratin top. Drizzle olive oil on top.
- Bake 15 minutes, until it is hot and bubbly, and the breadcrumbs have turned golden brown.
- Ready to serve and ENJOY!
Out of all my Side Dish Recipes, this is the king of rich, creamy, casserole. Spinach Gratin is rich, creamy, and cheesy and this recipe rivals any steakhouse!. This easy to make side is an elegant twist on our favorite creamed spinach recipe and perfect served next to a ribeye steak!. You may be familiar with Potatoes Au Gratin but honestly, a gratin can refer to almost anything covered with breadcrumbs or cheese and in this case, I use a bit of both. Add spinach a couple handfuls at a time, when they begin to wilt, continue adding spinach until all.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food spinach au gratin recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!