Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, mom's 70s chinese pepper steak. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Mom's 70s Chinese Pepper Steak is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Mom's 70s Chinese Pepper Steak is something that I have loved my entire life.
This recipe really brings back fond memories of my childhood. My brother and I loved this dish so much that our mother had to hand count the exact same pieces of sirloin on our plates or a fist fight would break out. This is another one of my. Today I am making tender velveted pepper steak Chinese restaurant style right at home.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have mom's 70s chinese pepper steak using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Mom's 70s Chinese Pepper Steak:
- Take sauce
- Get 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Prepare 1/2 tsp sugar
- Make ready 1/2 cup beef bullion
- Prepare 1/4 cup water
- Get 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Make ready Ingredients
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb sirloin steak, 1 inch thick, cut into thin 2 inch long strips
- Get 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Take 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Make ready 1 tsp salt
- Get 1 tsp ground ginger
- Get 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Make ready 3 medium green bell peppers, julienned
- Get 2 medium onions
- Take 1 6-ounce can of water chestnuts, drained
- Prepare 4 green onions, chopped
I am cooking at home these days and Chinese take out recipes are a family favorite for dinner. Here is how you can achieve it. To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. Here is how you can achieve that.
Steps to make Mom's 70s Chinese Pepper Steak:
- Add the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Sprinkle the strips of sirloin with the ginger powder and black pepper. Mix by hand to coat evenly. Set aside.
- In a skillet or wok, heat the oil and garlic over medium high heat for about 5 minutes to allow the garlic to infuse with the oil.
- Add the seasoned strips of sirloin to the hot oil and stir fry until you no longer see any pink on the beef. About 5 minutes. Remove the meat to a bowl and set aside.
- Now add the peppers and water chestnuts to the hot oil and stir fry for about 4 minutes.
- Next, add the onion and continue stir frying until the onions are translucent.
- Add the sirloin back in and give it a couple of stirs. Before you add the sauce, give it a stir because the cornstarch will have settled to the bottom. Stir the sauce into the meat and veggies. Raise the heat and continue stirring until sauce thickens.
- Turn off the heat and toss in the green onion pieces. Give it a couple of stirs.
- Serve hot over rice with plenty of sauce.
- Ready to serve and ENJOY!
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. Here is how you can achieve that. Return the cooked peppers to the skillet, and stir in tomatoes, water, and sugar. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Season steak with paprika and rest at room temperature while preparing remaining ingredients.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food mom's 70s chinese pepper steak recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!