Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, potato leek soup. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Potato Leek Soup is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Potato Leek Soup is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
A quick and easy soup that tastes great. I like to take a potato masher and roughly mash some of the potatoes. This helps to thicken the soup. I also like to use seasoned chicken broth.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook potato leek soup using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Potato Leek Soup:
- Get 2 large leeks
- Get 600 ml chicken broth
- Make ready 125 ml butter
- Get 8 potato
- Get to taste Salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Prepare 3 tsbp of flour
- Take 1 tsbsp parsley
That's where this potato leek soup comes into play. Simultaneously comforting and sophisticated, this easy soup recipe is the perfect dinner contender for when you want to make something that will also ensure you have leftovers. Potato leek soup, or potage parmentier, is a French classic. It's one of the first dishes I learned to make in culinary school, right after a proper omelet, because it's an essential base soup in French cuisine.
Instructions to make Potato Leek Soup:
- Clean and slice leeks
- Peel, wash and quarter potatoes
- Add leeks, butter, salt and pepper to a microwave dish. Microwave on high for 8 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, potatoes, parsley and garlic powder into a large pot or Dutch oven, boil over medium heat
- Once 8 minutes are up on the microwave, add flour to leeks, mix throughly, microwave for five more minutes.
- Slowly add the leek mixture to the broth stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- Continue cooking over medium heat. Adjust flavour to your taste. If too bland add broth, if too salty add water.
- Cook until potatoes are soft.
- Serve with ham or bacon and a fresh baguette!
- Please enjoy!
- Ready to serve and ENJOY!
Potato leek soup, or potage parmentier, is a French classic. It's one of the first dishes I learned to make in culinary school, right after a proper omelet, because it's an essential base soup in French cuisine. Add watercress for potage au cresson, serve it chilled for Vichyssoise — or top it with bacon, fried leeks, fresh herbs, or. Heat olive oil and butter in a medium stockpot. When you're ready to eat it, defrost it in the microwave or on the stove, then stir in the cream and garnish with leeks.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food potato leek soup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!