Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, eric's chicken and waffles with maple bourbon syrup. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Mix the bourbon and maple syrup in a small saucepan and set to med high heat to cook off the alcohol. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter until everything is combined. Set aside until warm or cool. Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
Eric's Chicken and Waffles with Maple Bourbon Syrup is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Eric's Chicken and Waffles with Maple Bourbon Syrup is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have eric's chicken and waffles with maple bourbon syrup using 35 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Eric's Chicken and Waffles with Maple Bourbon Syrup:
- Get 6 chicken thighs
- Get 1.5 quarts buttermilk
- Take 2 Tbsp Sriracha
- Prepare For the Oil
- Take Peanut oil
- Make ready A few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Get Some fresh sage
- Take Some fresh thyme
- Prepare 1 small head of garlic
- Prepare For the Dredge
- Get 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Prepare 2/3 cup cornstarch
- Prepare 1 tsp baking powder
- Take 1 Tbsp salt
- Take 2 Tbsp paprika
- Take 2 Tbsp onion powder
- Get 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- Take 1 tsp dried oregano
- Make ready 1 tsp dried basil
- Get 1 tsp white pepper
- Take 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Get 4 tsp light brown sugar
- Get For the Maple Bourbon Syrup
- Prepare 2 oz bourbon
- Make ready 8 oz maple syrup
- Take 3 Tbsp butter
- Take For the Waffles
- Get 2 cups whole milk
- Get 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Take 1 Tbsp baking powder
- Get 3 Tbsp sugar
- Take 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Get 2 eggs, whites and yolks separated
- Make ready 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Prepare 1 tsp vanilla extract
Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Add in butter and cayenne pepper and whisk to combine. Make the syrup: In a small saucepan, add bourbon and maple syrup. Remove from heat and whisk in butter.
Instructions to make Eric's Chicken and Waffles with Maple Bourbon Syrup:
- Mix 1 quart of buttermilk and sriracha in a large bowl. Add the chicken and turn to coat the pieces. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours. I prefer to do it the evening prior and just leave them in overnight.
- Mix everything for the dredge together in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper, and divide into 2 separate containers. You'll be doing a dry wet dry dredge prior to frying. Place the other half quart of buttermilk into a container as well.
- Take the chicken out of the fridge and remove the pieces from the buttermilk mixture, placing them in a colander to drain off the excess liquid.
- Taking each piece of chicken, dredge them in one container of flour, pat off the excess, then dip them into the new buttermilk, drip off the excess, then dredge in the second flour container. Pat off the excess again and set aside.
- The size of the pot you use to fry will determine how much oil you use. I use a large spaghetti pot and put a few inches of oil into it, careful stay below filling it halfway. Toss in the oil additives and turn the heat on med high, getting the temperature to 350-360 degrees. The herbs and garlic will add flavor to the oil as it heats up.
- Add the chicken pieces a few at a time. Do not overcrowd the pot as the temperature will drop. Cook thoroughly for about 20 minutes, rotating the pieces every few minutes until the chicken is golden brown. Move the finished chicken to a rack to drip and rest for 10 minutes
- FOR THE SYRUP: Mix the bourbon and maple syrup in a small saucepan and set to med high heat to cook off the alcohol. This should take about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter until everything is combined. Set aside until warm or cool.
- FOR THE WAFFLES: Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Mix the yolks, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla extract in another bowl and then combine that with the flour mixture.
- Fold the egg whites into the yolk and flour mixture. Once combined, cook them in the waffle iron of your choice.
- Ready to serve and ENJOY!
Make the syrup: In a small saucepan, add bourbon and maple syrup. Remove from heat and whisk in butter. Eric's Chicken and Waffles with Maple Bourbon Syrup. Here is how you achieve it. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper and top with a wire rack.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food eric's chicken and waffles with maple bourbon syrup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!