Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, slow cooker beef kaldereta. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Slow Cooker Beef Caldereta / Kaldereta. This Asian beef stew (Beef Caldereta) is totally robust in flavor and so delicious! Cooking in the slow cooker makes it very convenient, too. Slow Cooker Beef Kaldereta with bell peppers / tomatoes / potatoes.
Slow Cooker Beef Kaldereta is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Slow Cooker Beef Kaldereta is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook slow cooker beef kaldereta using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Slow Cooker Beef Kaldereta:
- Get 2.2 lbs Beef stew meat (chuck roast cut into chunks)
- Prepare 2 tbsp Oil (plus a little extra if needed)
- Take 3 Garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- Prepare 1 large onion, sliced
- Take 2 Plum Tomatoes, chopped
- Prepare 2 medium size Carrots, sliced into 1-inch thickness
- Make ready 4 Red Potatoes, cut into cubes (roughly the same size as the carrots)
- Take 2 Bay Leaves
- Make ready 1 cup Beef broth or water
- Prepare 1 tbsp Fish Sauce or Soy Sauce (adjust to taste)
- Prepare 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce
- Prepare 1/3-1/2 cup Peanut Butter, or to taste (maybe replaced with Liver spread to be more authentic)
- Make ready 1 Red Bell Pepper
- Make ready 1 cup frozen Peas
- Get 2 tsp brown Sugar (optional)
- Prepare to taste Salt and Pepper,
Place the beef and the sauteed vegetables in the slow cooker. Pour the beef broth (or water), fish sauce or soy sauce and the tomato sauce. Add the liver and cubed beef. Then follow up with the beef stock, tomato sauce and tomato paste.
Instructions to make Slow Cooker Beef Kaldereta:
- Season the beef chunks with salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan (like a heavy stainless steel or cast iron skillet), heat the oil until hot but not smoking. Sear the beef by browning on all sides in the hot oil. Keep some space in between the beef chunks when frying so don’t dump all the beef but cook in batches.
- Place in a plate as you cook. This method will ensure a deep and delicious taste from the meat so if you can don’t omit the step.
- In the remaining oil (or add a little oil to the skillet if needed) saute the garlic, onions and tomatoes for 3-4 minutes. The purpose is to deglaze the pan with the juices from the veggies and get all the yummy brown bits remaining there for extra flavor.
- Place the beef and the sauteed vegetables in the slow cooker. If there’s no time, simply add the browned beef with the vegetables in the slow cooker.
- Add the carrots, potatoes and bay leaves. Pour the beef broth (or water), fish sauce or soy sauce and the tomato sauce. Give it a quick stir. Cover and cook on low until the beef is fork tender between 6-8 hours.
- When the beef is already tender enough to eat (but not falling apart) add the peanut butter and red bell pepper. You can also add the frozen peas at this point. Add the sugar, if using. This is not to sweeten the stew but to enhance the flavor. Season with extra salt and pepper, if needed. Stir everything gently. Cook for another 30 minutes to 1 hour or until everything is fully heated through.
- Serve with freshly steamed rice on the side.
- Ready to serve and ENJOY!
Add the liver and cubed beef. Then follow up with the beef stock, tomato sauce and tomato paste. Arrange the potatoes and carrots at the bottom of the slow cooker. Beef caldereta slow cooker is delicious comfort food that you will love to share with your loved ones. Cooking it for lunch or dinner will bring in a de-stressing element at the end of the day.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food slow cooker beef kaldereta recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!