Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, chicken, sausage and rice skillet dinner. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken, Sausage and Rice Skillet Dinner. Be the first to review this recipe. Add a salad and you're done. Add in any veggies or choice or frozen veggies as well to this meal as well a fried or scrambled egg for extra protein.
Chicken, Sausage and Rice Skillet Dinner is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Chicken, Sausage and Rice Skillet Dinner is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken, sausage and rice skillet dinner using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken, Sausage and Rice Skillet Dinner:
- Get 6 each skinless chicken thighs
- Prepare 1/2 tsp salt
- Prepare 1 pinch black pepper
- Prepare 2 tsp olive oil
- Take 12 oz turkey or turkey-kielbasa sausage, cut into 1/2 in. slices
- Make ready 1 each onion chopped
- Get 1 each red bell pepper, chopped
- Prepare 2 clove garlic, chopped
- Make ready 2 cup medium grain rice
- Take 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Take 4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Make ready 1 each medium tomato, chopped
- Take 1/2 cup frozen peas
The Best Chicken Sausage Rice Recipes on Yummly Johnsonville® Cajun Style Chicken Sausage Rice Skillet, Spicy Chicken Sausage Rice gluten-free, Dairy-free, Cajun Chicken Sausage Jambalaya This spicy chicken sausage and rice recipe is a one pot meal packed full of zesty flavors, perfect for a weeknight dinner meal. I just spent the last week in Florida having hands down the time of my life. Add chicken and sausage to skillet; cook until meat is no longer pink.
Steps to make Chicken, Sausage and Rice Skillet Dinner:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Season the chicken with 1/4 teas. salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet or saute pan over medium high heat. Cook the chicken thighs for about 4 minutes on each side, or until they are well browned and transfer to a plate.
- Add the sausage to the pan and saute it until it is lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to plate with chicken.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the onion, pepper and garlic. Saute until the vegetables are softened, about 6 minutes.
- Add in rice, thyme and remaining 1/4 teas. salt. Stir to coat the rice with the oil and cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the broth and tomato and bring to a boil. Arrange the chicken and sausage in the pan and carefully transfer to the oven.
- Cook for 15 minutes and add in the peas. Cook for another 10 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed and the chicken has cooked through.
- Ready to serve and ENJOY!
I just spent the last week in Florida having hands down the time of my life. Add chicken and sausage to skillet; cook until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the tomatoes, garlic, basil and oregano. Add chicken broth, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet, and bring to a boil. Remove rice from cooking bag; add rice, sausage, salt, and pepper to skillet.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food chicken, sausage and rice skillet dinner recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!