Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, grandmas beef stew. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Grandmas Beef Stew is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Grandmas Beef Stew is something that I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Place stew meat, water, onion, salt, and pepper in a large stockpot. Be the first to review this recipe. This is my updated, documented version of my grandma's delicious beef stew - care packages of it kept me going through cold Ottawa winters in university and always was a source of comfort. Now I'm attempting to return the favour!
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook grandmas beef stew using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Grandmas Beef Stew:
- Take 2 lbs stew meat preferably sirloin
- Take 8 medium potatoes
- Prepare 1 1/2-2 lbs carrots
- Make ready 1 medium onion (optional)
- Prepare 1 medium tomato chopped-not too ripe
- Make ready 1 small green pepper
- Make ready 3-4 quarts beef broth
- Get 1 dish flour to coat the meat
- Take 1 tsp salt or mrs dash or more depending on your taste
- Get 1 tsp pepper
- Prepare 6 bullion cubes for extra beef flavor
In a ziplock bag, mix flour and stew meat until evenly coated. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch or two of garlic powder. Evenly spread olive oil in bottom of pot. Pour in broth to cover meat, stir, scraping bits off the bottom of pot.
Steps to make Grandmas Beef Stew:
- Peel and cut potatoes and carrots to bit sized pieces.
- Coat the meat lightly with flour then fry in a skillet until brown and only partly cooked.
- Dice or chop the onion and green pepper, remember a little green pepper goes a long way.
- Chop the tomato.
- Add all the ingredients to the broth in a preheated slowcooker.
- Cook for about 5 to 6 hours stirring occasionaly. Serve and enjoy.
- Ready to serve and ENJOY!
Evenly spread olive oil in bottom of pot. Pour in broth to cover meat, stir, scraping bits off the bottom of pot. Fill empty bottle with water and rinse out bottle with it, Pour this water in pot with ketchup. Add carrots, celery, potatoes, garlic and onion. Cover with a lid and let this simmer for a few minutes.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food grandmas beef stew recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!