Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, spaghetti squash gratin. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Grease a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and top with remaining Cheddar cheese. Pour into a medium bowl, then slowly add flour, whisking constantly. In pot, melt butter over medium.
Spaghetti Squash Gratin is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. Spaghetti Squash Gratin is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook spaghetti squash gratin using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Spaghetti Squash Gratin:
- Make ready 1 large spaghetti squash
- Prepare 1 small red onion, chopped, or any onion
- Take 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Prepare 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Take 1/2 cup cream, heavy, light or half and half
- Take 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Prepare 1/4 tsp black pepper and salt to taste
- Make ready 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning
- Prepare 1/2 tsp hot sauce such as Franks brand
- Take 1/4 cup grated romano cheese, parmesan can be substituted
- Take 1 tbsp butter
- Make ready Topping
- Get 2 slices bacon, precooked just slightly, to render some of the fat
- Prepare 1/4 cup romano or parmesan cheese, grated
- Take 2 green onjons, sliced
Cut squash in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Season the spaghetti squash with a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper. Lay skin side down on a rimmed sheet pan that is lined with aluminum foil. This recipe is quick to prepare and a great alternative for a lower-carbohydrate, lower-calorie option in place of a potato side dish.
Instructions to make Spaghetti Squash Gratin:
- Line a baking pan with foil. Preheat the oven to.425
- Place squash on prepared pan cut a deep slit in the top with a sharp knife to vent.
- Roast until.very tender. A knife should slide in easy. It takes about an hour depending on the size
- Cut in half and remove all seeds
- With a fork remove squash strands to a bowl.discard skin.
- Butter a 9 inch baking pan. Have oven at 425
- In a medium skillet melt butter, add onion and garlic and soften, add cream, broth, lemon, pepper,salt, cajun seasoning and hot sauce. Bring to a boil cook 1 minute. Remove from heat and add romano cheese. Pour mixture over squash in bowl and mix well.
- Put this mixture into baking dish. Top with bacon, cut into pieces, the romano or parmesan cheese and green onions.
- Bake until.hot and bacon is crisp and cheese has melted, serve hot.
- Ready to serve and ENJOY!
Lay skin side down on a rimmed sheet pan that is lined with aluminum foil. This recipe is quick to prepare and a great alternative for a lower-carbohydrate, lower-calorie option in place of a potato side dish. My husband is a meat-and-potatoes kind of guy and even he loved this recipe. Find our best recipes using good-for-you spaghetti squash, like this four-ingredient weeknight standby. Place squash, skin side up (one half at a time), on microwave-safe dish; cover with lid or plastic wrap.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food spaghetti squash gratin recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!