Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, mashed potatoes. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
In a small saucepan heat butter and milk over low heat until butter is melted. Using a potato masher or electric beater, slowly blend milk mixture into potatoes until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Basic mashed potatoes made with milk and butter are a classic, but mashed potatoes are also great with garlic, cheese, bacon, and more.
Mashed potatoes is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Mashed potatoes is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook mashed potatoes using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mashed potatoes:
- Take 2 big potatoes
- Prepare 2 tsp salt
- Make ready 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Make ready chicken stock
- Take 1/4 cup milk (plus more if needed)
- Make ready 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- Take 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Get 1/4 tsp lemon powder (optional)
Mash the potatoes over low heat, allowing all the steam to escape before adding in all the other ingredients. Add to a large pot and add enough water to cover all of the potatoes. Place pot on your stove and turn heat to high. It's a cinch to jazz up instant mashed potatoes with sour cream and cream cheese, then cook and serve them from a slow cooker.
Instructions to make Mashed potatoes:
- Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes, put into a large sauce pan and add chicken stock and water and bring to a boil over medium heat for about 20 minutes. (in case if the chicken stock is not salted add 1 tsp of salt to the water)
- When potatoes are tender and done drain well from water set aside
- Heat the milk and butter over medium temp , when butter is melted add the salt, pepper , garlic powder and lemon powder to the milk while heating, and stir for a minute.
- Mash the potatoes with potato masher and add the milk to it during the mashing process to make sure the ingredients are well spread.
- If you like it creamy you can add a bit of milk to it and stir till creamy.
- Ready to serve and ENJOY!
Place pot on your stove and turn heat to high. It's a cinch to jazz up instant mashed potatoes with sour cream and cream cheese, then cook and serve them from a slow cooker. For a special touch, sprinkle this creamy mashed potatoes recipe with chopped fresh chives, canned french-fried onions or fresh grated Parmesan cheese. —Donna Bardocz, Howell, Michigan. Possible Variations: Instant Pot mashed potatoes: See my full tutorial here for how to make mashed potatoes in the Instant Pot. Garlic mashed potatoes: To make your mashed potatoes extra garlicky, feel free to double or triple the amount of garlic added to this recipe.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food mashed potatoes recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!