Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, cheesy shepherds pie. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Drain potatoes and return to pot. Mash potatoes with butter, sour cream and salt. To begin, heat some rapeseed oil in a large, heavy-based pan and brown off the mince over a medium heat. Once browned, drain off any excess fat by tipping the mince into a colander.
Cheesy Shepherds Pie is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are fine and they look fantastic. Cheesy Shepherds Pie is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook cheesy shepherds pie using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Cheesy Shepherds Pie:
- Get 2 1/2 to 3 lbs ground beef
- Make ready 5 large potatoes, diced
- Take 1 cup diced green peppers
- Take 1 cup diced onion
- Take 1 bag steam fresh peas & carrots
- Take 2 cups diced carrots
- Make ready 3 cups shredded cheese (your choice)
- Make ready 1/2 cup worcestershire sauce
- Prepare 1/2 tsp basil
- Prepare 1/2 tsp oregano
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- Get 2 tbsp butter
- Make ready 1 tbsp Ranch dressing powder
- Make ready 1/2 cup milk
- Get 3 tbsp sour cream
And it really compliments the meat mixture underneath. In a large skillet, fry the hamburger until fully cooked. Drain the grease from the hamburger, by spooning out the hamburger onto a plate by using a slotted spoon, and then dumping and discarding grease from skillet. Keep hamburger on plate until further use.
Instructions to make Cheesy Shepherds Pie:
- Cook ground beef with onions, peppers, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, basil & garlic powder in a large skillet.
- Boil potatoes until tender.
- Microwave diced carrots until very soft.
- Add bag of steam fresh peas & carrots to beef in skillet. Cook until tender.
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Drain grease from ground beef. Return to skillet and stir in half of shredded cheese. Add to large glass baking dish. Spread evenly.
- Drain potatoes. Add cooked carrots, butter, ranch powder, milk, shredded cheese and sour cream. Blend with a mixer until smooth.
- Add to glass baking dish on top of ground beef. Spread evenly. Sprinkle more shredded cheese on top.
- Bake 30 minutes. Broil for 1 minute until cheese bubbles and top browns a little.
- Ready to serve and ENJOY!
Drain the grease from the hamburger, by spooning out the hamburger onto a plate by using a slotted spoon, and then dumping and discarding grease from skillet. Keep hamburger on plate until further use. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer. Add the ground beef (or ground lamb) to the skillet and break it apart with a wooden spoon. Add the parsley, rosemary, thyme, salt, and and pepper.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food cheesy shepherds pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!