Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, cheesy shepherds pie. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Cheesy Shepherds Pie is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look fantastic. Cheesy Shepherds Pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
Drain potatoes and return to pot. Mash potatoes with butter, sour cream and salt. To begin, heat some rapeseed oil in a large, heavy-based pan and brown off the mince over a medium heat. Once browned, drain off any excess fat by tipping the mince into a colander.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook cheesy shepherds pie using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Cheesy Shepherds Pie:
- Make ready 2 1/2 to 3 lbs ground beef
- Get 5 large potatoes, diced
- Get 1 cup diced green peppers
- Prepare 1 cup diced onion
- Make ready 1 bag steam fresh peas & carrots
- Prepare 2 cups diced carrots
- Prepare 3 cups shredded cheese (your choice)
- Make ready 1/2 cup worcestershire sauce
- Make ready 1/2 tsp basil
- Take 1/2 tsp oregano
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- Take 2 tbsp butter
- Take 1 tbsp Ranch dressing powder
- Make ready 1/2 cup milk
- Prepare 3 tbsp sour cream
Straight from mom's kitchen: melty sharp cheddar, creamy potatoes, and savory beef with crisp green beans and carrots. In a large skillet, fry the hamburger until fully cooked. Drain the grease from the hamburger, by spooning out the hamburger onto a plate by using a slotted spoon, and then dumping and discarding grease from skillet. Keep hamburger on plate until further use.
Instructions to make Cheesy Shepherds Pie:
- Cook ground beef with onions, peppers, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, basil & garlic powder in a large skillet.
- Boil potatoes until tender.
- Microwave diced carrots until very soft.
- Add bag of steam fresh peas & carrots to beef in skillet. Cook until tender.
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Drain grease from ground beef. Return to skillet and stir in half of shredded cheese. Add to large glass baking dish. Spread evenly.
- Drain potatoes. Add cooked carrots, butter, ranch powder, milk, shredded cheese and sour cream. Blend with a mixer until smooth.
- Add to glass baking dish on top of ground beef. Spread evenly. Sprinkle more shredded cheese on top.
- Bake 30 minutes. Broil for 1 minute until cheese bubbles and top browns a little.
- Ready to serve and ENJOY!
Drain the grease from the hamburger, by spooning out the hamburger onto a plate by using a slotted spoon, and then dumping and discarding grease from skillet. Keep hamburger on plate until further use. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer. Add the ground beef (or ground lamb) to the skillet and break it apart with a wooden spoon. Add the parsley, rosemary, thyme, salt, and and pepper.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food cheesy shepherds pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!