Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, cheesy mashed potatoes. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water by an inch. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to simmer. Add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, onion, egg, salt and pepper; beat until fluffy. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired.
Cheesy Mashed Potatoes is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Cheesy Mashed Potatoes is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook cheesy mashed potatoes using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Cheesy Mashed Potatoes:
- Make ready 2.5 pounds russet potatoes
- Get 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- Make ready Chicken broth
- Get 1 and 3/4 cups heavy cream
- Get 1 stick butter cut into 8 pieces
- Make ready 2 tsp black pepper
- Prepare 1 tsp salt
- Get 1 and 1/4 cups Four Cheese Blend (see picture. Or substitute cheese of your choice)
Cover saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Drain potatoes and mash, preferably with a potato masher. Stir in butter, sour cream, salt and pepper. Place potatoes in a large pot, cover with salted water and bring to a boil.
Steps to make Cheesy Mashed Potatoes:
- Peel potatoes and cut into smaller pieces. Put in a large pot, cover with water and soak for one hour to remove starch. Drain water and cover potatoes with about a 50:50 mixture of water and chicken broth. You can also use all water and drop in chicken cubes. Add garlic to the pot. Cover pot and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until fork soft, about 30 minutes.
- Pour contents into a strainer to drain off liquid. Using a ricer, (see picture) rice the potatoes and garlic into a dry pan.
- Heat potato on low heat for 5 minutes to dry potatoes. Heat heavy cream and gently stir into potatoes. Add salt, pepper and butter. Finally, stir in the cheese. Potatoes are very different so if they look too dry add more heated cream. Taste potatoes and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Ready to serve and ENJOY!
Stir in butter, sour cream, salt and pepper. Place potatoes in a large pot, cover with salted water and bring to a boil. Drain potatoes and return to pot. Peel potatoes; shred with a grater. Combine potatoes, cheese, and margarine or butter in a large mixing bowl; stir until margarine is melted.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food cheesy mashed potatoes recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!